Interested in applying to GEL2? The process is easy.
Submit a brief self-evaluation (more info on this page). Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, February 28 at 11:59 pm.
GEL2 is a comprehensive, specialized program for those interested in continuing to grow as leaders. In it, you’ll get unique experience leading as part of a program-wide student organization. You’ll develop your skills in peer-to-peer leadership, mentoring, giving and receiving feedback, and executing projects. You’ll also enhance your preparedness and readiness to enter industry through the InternshipPlus and networking opportunities.
You should consider GEL2 if you strive to work in engineering industry, such as in product development, project leadership, or many other facets of high technology. It is neither mandatory nor required that you advance to GEL2. If you choose not to apply to advance to GEL2, you'll earn a GEL1 program Certificate of Completion.
Advancement to GEL2 is based on your attendance, performance, participation, motivation and commitment in GEL1. We also consider your career goals as well as your commitments for the upcoming academic year.
To apply to advance to GEL2, submit a one- or two-page self-evaluation covering the following:
- Briefly review your performance in GEL1 so far (attendance, participation, motivation, commitment).
- Reflect on one or two lessons learned in GEL1 and how you’ve put your realization/knowledge into practice.
- Explain why you’re a good fit for GEL2.
- Consider commitments (academic & extracurricular) that may compete with GEL2 next year.
- List 2-3 goals you hope to accomplish in GEL2.
- Tell us more about your career goals.
In addition to carefully considering your self-evaluation, program staff may seek input from your current Team Leader. You may be invited to an in-person interview. Among other consideration, advancement to GEL2 will be contingent on satisfactory completion of GEL1.
Ask program staff and current GEL2s for their insights if you have questions.