GEL Alum Testimonials:
"When I got to work, I know I can create my own opportunities rather than wait for them because of GEL." —Marol Escajeda '17, Materials and Process Engineer at Northrop Grumman
"I attribute my growth as a leader in the workplace to GEL, before which I didn't know how to be the leader I see myself becoming today." —Larissa Senatus '16, Product Development Engineer at Entegris
"GEL was an incredible and indispensable experience in my MIT career." — Anjaney Kottapalli '11, Research Science Associate Manager at Lockheed Martin"
Congratulations on your decision to apply to the GEL Program!
This hands-on, experiential learning program will supplement your technical education by developing the leadership, communication, and teamwork skills you need to be successful in your career.
GEL APPLICATION QUICK FACTS:
1. Applicants can apply to GEL without having participated in the Undergraduate Practice Opportunities Program (UPOP). UPOP is a welcome foundation for GEL. It is not a prerequisite. In UPOP, students receive professional development training, mentoring by MIT alums, access to internships and much more.
2. Sophomores and juniors in Engineering and other related majors are welcome to apply. Prospective students should have an interest in working in engineering-related industries and have the bandwidth and willingness to commit to program requirements.
3. Commitment and ability to participate actively in GEL is a key requrement for admission (and for success in the program.)
4. This short video shares a few of the ways you'll benefit from your time in GEL. (We also encourage you to talk with friends and classmates in the program.)
5. Join our GEL Admissions Mailing List to learn more and be invited to GEL admissions related events.
GEL 2024 APPLICATION DEADLINES:
- EARLY APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 10 (Sunday), 2024 @ 11:59pm*
- REGULAR APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 21 (Sunday), 2024 @ 11:59pm
* Apply early to be granted access to our shortened version of the application. Those who apply after March 10 will be required to complete a lengthier written application.
INTERVIEW PERIOD: Interviews are required and will be conducted on a rolling basis. You will have a 30-minute interview with a GEL staff member.
QUESTIONS? Email Eileen Milligan (email@example.com)