Interested in applying to GEL 2? The process is easy.
Submit a brief self-evaluation (more info on this page). Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org deadline Sunday, March 11 at 11:59 P.M.
GEL 2 is a comprehensive, specialized program for those interested in continuing to grow as leaders. In it, you’ll get unique experience leading as part of a program-wide student organization. You’ll develop your skills in peer-to-peer leadership, mentoring, giving and receiving feedback, and executing projects. You’ll also enhance your preparedness and readiness to enter industry through the InternshipPlus and networking opportunities.
You should consider GEL 2 if you strive to work in engineering industry, such as in product development, project leadership, or many other facets of high technology. It is neither mandatory nor required that you advance to GEL 2. If you choose not to apply to advance to GEL 2, you'll earn a GEL1 program Certificate of Completion.
Advancement to GEL 2 is based on your attendance, performance, participation, motivation and commitment in GEL 1. We also consider your career goals as well as your commitments for the upcoming academic year.
To apply to advance to GEL 2, submit a one- or two-page self-evaluation covering the following:
- Briefly review your performance in GEL1 so far (attendance, participation, motivation, commitment).
- Reflect on one or two lessons learned in GEL 1 and how you’ve put your realization/knowledge into practice.
- Explain why you’re a good fit for GEL 2.
- Consider commitments (academic & extracurricular) that may compete with GEL 2 next year.
- List 2-3 goals you hope to accomplish in GEL 2.
- Tell us more about your career goals.
In addition to carefully considering your self-evaluation, program staff may seek input from your current Team Leader. You may be invited to an in-person interview. Among other consideration, advancement to GEL2 will be contingent on satisfactory completion of GEL 1.
Ask program staff and current GEL 2s for their insights if you have questions.